Happy Friday everyone! Many of you know how popular little birds are, they are seen everywhere at parties and craft projects. So this Friday I decided I would create a nice little birdie template.
This freebie has many many possibilities since its a template. You can use it to create many creative projects.
The above red and yellow example is really easy to do. Some of the items you probably already have around your home. The birdies on the tree branch work really nice for a centerpiece for your next gathering.
- Digital patterned paper, I used Dreamloft Woodland Fawn Pack
- Raffia, Twine or ribbon of choice
- Small tree branch
- Filler for bottom of vase, I used river rock to give a give a natural look
- Glue or adhesive of your choice
- Brads (for wings)
- Hole Punch
- Print off some patterned paper on cardstock or you can use some that you already have.
- Load the patterned paper back into your printer and print off the birdie template so the birdie shows up on the paper pattern side
- Trim out the birds and wings
- Glue together both sides of the bird
- Use a brad to attach the wings
- Punch a hole in the top for your ribbon
- String the ribbon through the hole and tie
- You can choose to leave your branch natural or spary paint it. I choose to spray mine white
- Fill the bottom of your vase with a filler such as river rocks
- Insert your branch inside the vase
- Now your ready to hang your birds and your done!!
Have fun and try new things with this project you can trace the pattern on many materials for different looks, try fabric, felt, different papers and such