and here’s the awesome part. It matches perfectly with her Carnival Fun clipart set. It’s never to early to start planning on those summer parties. A carnival themed party is perfect for the warm summer fun. The thing I loved about the set, is it has several cliparts that can be used as frames, signs, labels, etc, lots of blank areas for you to personalize!
Here’s a quick and easy treat bag you can make from the popcorn graphic included in the set. Just print out the image, trim around and adhere to a regular brown paper bag. Use a standard hole punch with the folded bag, and insert some ribbon and your done!
I found the raffia ribbon at my local dollar store. It matches the brown paper very well.
What about the food for your party? Well… Carnival food is the food we all hate to love but its sooo yummy!! Here are some ideas you might want to serve at your “concession stand”
– Hot Dogs & Corn Dogs
– Caramel Apples
– Cotton Candy
and one of my faves…. Funnel Cakes!! YES! I found a recepie for that from Mom’s Who Think
2/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
Funnel Cake Directions:
1. In a deep skillet, heat about two cups of oil over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it sizzles right away without smoking, it’s perfect.
2. Beat egg and milk. Mix all other ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth.
3. Using a funnel, drop into hot oil working from center outwards in a web pattern. (You can use a gallon sized freezer bag instead of a funnel by pouring the batter into the bag, snipping off a small corner of it, and squeezing the batter into the oil.)
4. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, remove from the oil when golden brown and crispy.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Of course you have to have some games too! I found an awesome list of carnival game ideas from this School Carnival Site Here’s just a few ideas
– Balloon Animals
– Bank a Shot
– Bean Bag Toss
– Face Painting
– Fishing Pond
– Ring Toss
– Tatoo Parlor
– and LOTS MORE!!
I hope you found some fun and useful idea’s for your next carnival party! Have a great weekend!!